Insurance Agency FAQ

The terms of your loan require you to maintain property insurance on the property securing your loan. This covers physical damage or hazard.

You’re also responsible for providing proof of the required insurance to ditech. You have the option to purchase this insurance through an insurer or agent of your choice that is authorized to transact business in your state.

If your property is located in an area designated by FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) as a SFHA (Special Flood Hazard Area), you are required to have flood insurance coverage. Proof of continuous flood insurance coverage must be supplied to ditech.

If you currently have an insurance policy through Assurant Insurance Agency and would like to cancel it, please call 1-866-740-6327, Option 5, for cancellation instructions. To learn more visit

If you have a claim and your insurance is/was not obtained through Assurant Insurance Agency, you’ll need to contact that specific insurance carrier. If you obtained your coverage through Assurant Insurance Agency, please contact the appropriate insurance carrier’s claims department at the toll-free number found on your Welcome Letter, Application, and in your Policy. Customers who have registered on for MyAccount on can report a claim online after logging in. Login to MyAccount. You may also get detailed instructions by calling Assurant Insurance Agency at 866-404-9098, Monday through Friday from 7 am-7 pm CST. To learn more visit